Monday, October 6, 2008

More about Ren

I get a kick out of the adjectives that appear on the Chinese development reports. They have a box next to each adjective so that the caregiver can check off whichever boxes apply to that particular child. The ones I find funniest are "obstinate sometimes" and "impatient sometimes". What infant or toddler isnt?!

Anyway, the boxes checked off for Ren are:

Active□√
Restless□√
Fond of listening to music□√
Fond of playing with toys□√
Having a ready smile□√
Getting along with others well□√
Fond of playing games □√
Obstinate sometimes□√

He is described as being closest to his caretaker and most fond of playing with peers and toys (particularly toy cars).

I just wish we knew more! I can't wait to see firsthand what his personality is like and how he interacts with his new family, particularly Claire. I'm sure that once we meet him, we'll have many and more descriptive adjectives for our little man.

7 comments:

Rae said...

We hope you don't have to wait too long to see what Ren is really like. He sounds like a wonderful little boy.

I guess it's time to go shopping for toy cars!

Jednet said...

So cool. Both my kiddies were alot like what their reports said.

What does the report say about how Ren sleeps? Both my kiddies reports said that they were 'deep sleepers' and it is totally (and WONDERFULLY) true.

Dawn

Kim said...

I hope you get to see him interact really soon...
Have a Great Week.
Hugs..

Monica said...

The report says Ren is a "moderate sleeper". I was hoping for a deep sleeper but if he truly is a "moderate" one, I'll be happy with that!

Waitingfaithfully said...

Monica,

Love what you shared. It's kind of like a "grocery list" personality test, isn't it? "Obstinate sometimes" is the best. For a boy nearing two it's probably good that there isn't an "obstinate all the time" choice! :)

Too funny! I need to get Teddi's paperwork back out and see what they said about her and how well it matches up now. I know they didn't call her a deep sleeper-- and they were right on that!

Can't wait until your Zhuahai guy is on his way home!

Blessings~

Tina
Mama to Zhuhai Teddi!

Love the picture of Claire!

Shea said...

I love hearing the descriptions. It'll be interesting to see if you see those characteristics right away. I hope you get more updates soon.

Unknown said...

Awesome checklist! I love that "obstinate sometimes"!!! Hahahahah!