Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jie-Jie!

In the week leading up to Claire's birthday, we sang "Happy Birthday" a lot around here. Paul, in particular, sang it a lot with Ren. When the big day finally came, we could see and hear Ren singing along, and when we asked him to sing it all by himself, he obliged us with an earnest rendition of the happy song, looking up at us so seriously with those big brown eyes of his.

We didn't catch his singing on the actual day but here's a re-enactment from the other day. He's a little more goofy here, but you'll get the picture:

5 comments:

Gigglestuff said...

Lovely singing Ren! He is such a cutie with the big brown eyes! Happy (early) Bday to Claire from us too (we'll spare you of our singing... LOL).

Love from Uncle Geoff and Auntie Marlene <3

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Oh Monica, it won't play for me!! This is killing me. I want to see Ren sing.

It's probably me, as I Uncle Geoff and Aunt Marlene already viewed it, but could you test it out again just incase?

If not, I'll settle for the still photos and hope for another video soon!
xoxo

Helena said...

That was precious! Go get 'em mister Ren!

Beth

Rae said...

Oh wow! A sweet little voice to go with that adorable little face! Great job, Ren -- Claire must have been so happy to hear you singing her the birthday song.

Shea said...

What a sweet voice!

The funniest thing is Caia was sitting here beside me as I played it, and when it was over she said, "He sing me Happy Birthday?" So Ren, not only were you singing for jie jie, but also apparently for another Xinyu sister!