Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Recent photos of Ren thanks to FOI!

This morning we awoke to a beautiful blanket of snow on the ground (our first of the season) and an incredible gift in my Inbox: an email from our coordinator with new pictures of Ren and answers to some questions we wanted asked of Ren's orphanage! I LOVE Family Outreach International! Thanks, Yulin!

According to the properties of the photos, they were taken on November 11, 2008 - that would be 'yesterday' in China! I am stunned that they are so recent. Ren looks so sweet in all of them.

He is now 29 lbs and 35 1/2 inches tall. Such a big guy compared to our sweet peanut, Claire. I think my arms are finally going to get the workout they need!

We were also given a couple of examples of words he is saying. One of them is jie jie (big sister)! How perfect is that?!

Today is day 42 of our wait for the Letter Seeking Confirmation. In the past, people have had to wait a half a year or longer but with a new electronic system in place, things seem to be moving much, much faster now. Oh, please let our letter arrive soon!

13 comments:

Waitingfaithfully said...

Monica,

What a blessing for you to wake up to! Ren looks great! He's such a sweet looking little man!

I'm so happy for you. There's nothing like new pictures when you are waiting . . . Praying for a speedy "wait"!

Blessings~

Tina

Shea said...

Wow, what a gift indeed. Look at his beautiful eyes. He looks strong and healthy. And how appropriate that he says "jie jie". What a relief it must be to see recent photos. I'm sure that made your day.

Unknown said...

Aw Monica and Paul! I am so happy for you to get this on such a beautiful sounding day -- AND Remembrance Day!

I hope the wait for the acceptance letter isn't too long. Ren looks so happy and healthy in these pics! What a big, healthy, strong fellow! Thank goodness for digital pics and the advancement of technology! Huge happy hug to you!!!!!!

BigOrangeDog said...

What a great surprise! He's adorable. And wow -- a big guy! He's about the same size as Sunny, and she'll be 4 in February!
Jen

Jednet said...

Oh Monica,

So exciting! Just to give you a real life idea of his size, he weighs the same as Jay-Jay and is just a little shorter. Of course Jay-Jay is 3 1/2 years old now....So he is a big guy for his age.

Dawn & Jean-Pierre

Kim said...

Ren is soooo cute.
Can't wait till he is in your arms..
Hugs girly..

Rae said...

I didn't think it was possible but he gets cuter all the time! I think you'd better go shopping for some soccer gear by the looks of things. :)

I'm amazed at how many new photos you've received. I hope it becomes a weekly thing!

Stephanie said...

What a big healthy looking boy. I am sure Liam wasn't as big at 2 years old. How wonderful to have all these pictures of him, to see him looking well cared for, and to have these pictures and stories for him.

Stephanie

Gigglestuff said...

I just realized his shirt has penguins on it! I bet he'll love the Pablo stuffie! LOL!!

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Monica, your boy is such a darling!

And what a big guy!

I can't wait to see Ren and Claire together...hopefully in person!

xo

Beth said...

Those are such cute pics. Too have so many is such a blessing I'm sure. It looks like he might be in the middle of a run there in the second shot. I even think he looks a bit like Claire in some of those photos! that could just be me projecting! Or perhaps Paul (have I said that before??) Hope to see more.

Chris, Tammy and the gang! said...

WOW! Ren is so handsome!!! How wonderful that Yulin was able to get you some photos! We didn't receive any updates while we waited for Evan (not Yulin's fault, the orphanage wouldn't give any out) so I know how precious the pictures are and how they can certainly make your days more joyful!!

Honestly, he is simply adorable!!!

Take care,
Tammy
PEI

Kath said...

Wow! What a great suprise for you. He looks so happy and healthy. He'll be a big little brother!

Hope you get your letter soon.