Friday, January 23, 2009

One month until we hold Ren!

In exactly one month, we will receive our little boy. I know this month will fly by and for that, I am grateful. As much as I have enjoyed being a family of three, I know we are meant to be a family of four. Soon, we will be complete.

A friend of ours ordered some beautiful magnets from a seller on Etsy before Christmas and I decided to get Paul some stocking stuffers from the same seller. These paperweights showing our children's birth places were my favourite purchase. I loved them so much I recently ordered a set for myself!

Here is the paperweight of Ren's birth province and city (Zhuhai in Guangdong):
And here is Claire's, of Xinyu in Jiangxi: Gail (the seller) sells many other beautiful items, including pendants featuring the word 'mother', 'father', 'love' etc. in various languages such as Chinese, Amharic, Korean, and Russian. It's a great place for adoption gifts. Here's her address in case you want to do a bit of shopping! http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6124520

At this very moment, Claire is napping and I'm washing Ren's clothes. I never thought I'd enjoy doing laundry this much! Actually, I really enjoyed getting Claire's clothing organized too before we received her. It's so much fun to visualize our little ones in clothes we've specially picked for them. I'm trying not to overdo it in the clothes department this time, though. I really went nuts for Claire and now I'm faced with a ton of clothes I'm too attached to to sell or even pass on to others yet. Sheesh. I'm sure Paul is not thrilled with how our storage space is expanding with all the too-small clothes and how it's encroaching on his wine-making area! Oh, the dryer just beeped so I better go fold some clothes. Yay! (I really mean that!)

8 comments:

Kim said...

One month will go by REALLY Fast..
Love the goodies..
I will have to check out the site..
Have fun folding clothes..
can't wait till I can do that..
Hugs..

Rae said...

One month! OH, I wish, I wish we could be there, too! You'd think if they can split the atom they could figure out a way to split people. Then I could be in two places at once and half of me could be in China watching your family of three become a family of four.

Love the paperweights (and thanks for the reminder, I'd forgotten to order mine!)

Beth said...

I'm heading to the site too. Thanks for the reminder! It's all so exciting. I know you're probably sick of me saying so, I just told you face to face today. Oh well, it just is. can't wait to have him here playing with the trains! YEAH!

Jednet said...

One month left. Sounds like you are enjoying this dreamy time on the threshold of another beautiful life change.

Dawn

Paige said...

I will be checking out the site! I am spending way too much money... but it is worth it! Thanks for all your help and for answering my many questions! Looking forward to Ren and Lilah meeting!

Martigan said...

We are so happy that your family will soon be together.

Cec

Shea said...

One month...wow! I remember the excitement of packing the baby clothes that I'd been buying for months, and it was so wonderful.

The magnets look terrific. I'm glad represent both Claire and Ren. It's a great site.

Gigglestuff said...

These paper weights are beautiful! What a wonderful idea. Hope your month wait won't feel long, but I'm sure it does. You will have Ren in your arms soon! Can't wait to hear about that day. xoxo