Monday, January 5, 2009

Our letter has arrived!

Today, day 97 of our wait, we got the fateful call from Faith at Alberta Children's Services: our Letter Seeking Confirmation had arrived! Claire and I dashed downtown - missing Paul by only a few minutes - so that I could sign the letter. Faith told me that Paul had the sense to read the letter before he signed; for the first time in my life, I didn't read something before I put my signature to it! Thankfully, when I came to my senses and actually read the letter, everything was in order.
We also got updated measurements of Ren. He's approximately 32 lbs and 35 inches tall. His feet are 15.5 cm long.

I'm waiting to chat with our coordinator to get an idea of when we might travel. It's possible it could be in mid to late February so that's what I'm hoping for! In any event, it won't be long now. Yahoo!

By the way, I love that this happened on the 5th of the month. It seems to be a very lucky day on our adoption path:
- we were logged in for Claire on September 5 (2005);
- we met Claire on February 5 (2007);
- we were logged in for Ren on March 5 (2008); and
- we received our LSC - today, yahoo! - on January 5.

12 comments:

Kim said...

HOW NEAT...
The 5th is the day...
I am sooo happy for you..
Can't wait to follow you to China.
HUGS...

Kath said...

Yaaaayyyy! Congratulations! What an amazing way to start the year off. Obviously 5 is your lucky number.

You look so happy in the photo. And with good reason!

Big hugs, kisses and cheering,
Kath, Pat and Maeve

Jednet said...

Yipeee! Another step done. Let's hope that you Letter of Coming to China arrives Feb 5th!

Dawn

Gigglestuff said...

Wow, what a wonderful way to start 2009! I am so excited for you and your family! What an amazing coincidence everything happens on the 5th! Very cool!!

Humungous HUG to you! Welcome to Canada soon Ren!

Love, Auntie and Uncle.

Waitingfaithfully said...

YES!!! So happy for you Monica, and Paul and Claire . . . and REN, whose life is about to change forever, for the very good! Another Zhuhai baby is coming home, we rejoice with you! I should say Zhuhai big boy judging by the new measurements!

Can't wait to folllow your journey to China!

Blessings~

Tina

Beth said...

So smart of you to take the camera!! YEAAAAAAAHHHHH! OMG we're so excited for you! There's that 5 again! I think we signed our referral thing on Dec. 5 so we have another 5 in ours too. (or was it the 7th??) Whatever. I think you'll be with C and M for sure now. I'm soooo envious....have I mentioned that before (for the trip part) I have enough with my 2 already:)
Oh, I'm sighing with relief now that that is another thing off the list. How exciting. In a few months our playdates will be for three. Good thing we have that train set now:)
Hooray for you guys.

Stephanie said...

Such good news. Ren will be with his family soon.

Stephanie

Paige said...

Congrats!!! That is so exciting! Soon Ren will be in your arms! Looking forward to talking on the 21st!

Paige

Stephanie said...

Hello Monica,

Look at a ruler and see how large 15.5 cm feet would be! I think someone added a few cm to his feet! Maybe don't buy him any shoes just yet...

Stephanie

Shea said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting news. I love the red thread connection with the number five. Wouldn't it be funny if you were back in China in February?

Rae said...

YAY! YAY! I can't believe it was another 5th -- how amazing is that?! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for travel ASAP (with C&M, of course!) but it would be so cool if you met Ren on March 5th.

So happy for you all!

Love,
Rae, Girard and Bryn

Martigan said...

Happy Happy Happy!!! Congratulations. We are so thrilled for your family and that you are one step closer to being together.

Cecile