Monday, January 19, 2009

Waiting

Doesn't it look like Claire is patiently waiting for her little brother? We leave for China in exactly one month, and I am not as patient as my little girl!

It feels like we're finally close to being ready for Ren (well, sort of!) and it's a great feeling. Paul and his dad put in all the flooring this past weekend, except for in the spare bedroom and the stairs (two areas I would feel comfortable putting off for several months). Our little office is nicely filling up with shelves and our stuff. I'm happy because I've actually been able to take the time to organize it instead of piling things in hurriedly. We still need to move the computer in there but that'll happen in the next couple of weeks. Baseboards and moulding will happen whenever; I'd rather see Paul have some down time before China than have those done.

Ren's quilt is here and it is gorgeous! I'll post pics soon but would like to have it on his bed for those pics. Unfortunately, I keep changing my mind about the bed frame I want to buy so who knows when that'll happen. Oh yeah, sometime in the next month for sure!

I also finished Claire's toddler lifebook last night and arranged to have it printed (I did it in digital format). I had started it several months ago but didn't want to finish it until I received her history report from China Babies. We received that report on Christmas Eve and I therefore thought I'd better finish it ASAP; I knew I probably wouldn't have the chance once Ren comes. The lifebook's not perfect - I could have worked on some pages more to get it looking just right - but I decided to let go of the perfectionism so that I'd at least get it done. Claire seems to be quite interested in talking about adoption and related topics right now and it seems like the perfect time for her to have this book.

Hmmmm ... what else have we been up to? Well, today Claire and I enjoyed the gorgeous weather we're having by taking a little trip to the zoo. That's where I took the above photo. Every time we go outside, she eats snow so I also have a lot of those pics. I have to watch her so closely or she'll pick up snow that is dirty from people walking on it. What a crazy little nut. I can't wait to know what Ren's personality will be like. Thankfully, it won't be long now!

5 comments:

Gigglestuff said...

Oh I bet you can't wait. Too bad you can't just beam him over right now... Sounds like all the renos coming together and that you finished the lifebook for Claire. I can't wait to see what that's all about.

Have a great week and can't wait to see Ren's quilt online too :-)

Kim said...

One month...
WOW.. you are almost there..
Can't wait to see the Lifebook and
Ren's quilt..
Have a great week..

Beth said...

sounds like you got lots done. I'm sure it's a great feeling. Glad it's coming together. It sure was nice to be outside - we did some stuff yesterday and what a nice break. I hear it's going to get cold so we have to take it while it's here!

Martigan said...

Glad the weekend was productive. Looking forward to seeing the quilt. Sorry we did not run into you at the zoo today!

Cecile

Rae said...

Wow...you accomplished more in a weekend than I have in the last 6 months! It's good to have it done now so you have all the time in the world for Ren and Claire when you get back from China.