Friday, December 5, 2008

Ren got the cake!

I received confirmation today from Adele at Blessed Kids that our letter, birthday card and disposable camera arrived at Ren's orphanage on November 21 and that his cake was delivered on his birthday! Please keep your fingers crossed that the orphanage used the camera to take a bunch of photos of the birthday boy with his cake, his friends and his caregivers. From other parents who have adopted kids at Zhuhai, it sounds like the caregivers will indeed use the camera and return it to us on Forever Family Day. Yet another reason to look forward to that amazing day!

I feel so fortunate that Blessed Kids provides this service (and many other amazing services). Check out their web site at www.blessedkids.com.

I also learned from Adele that the orphanage hasn't moved yet. I'm waiting to hear back from her about whether they were informed of the exact date for the move.

5 comments:

Waitingfaithfully said...

That's wonderful news. I can only imagine Ren's delight at seeing his cake . . . and the delight of the others as well! I'm sure it was a special time--hopefully soon you will see it all in pictures!

Praying that it is not much longer until you are on your way to your sweet little guy!

Blessings~

Tina

Jednet said...

So, so cool to be able to be part of his second birthday. It's a lovely story that you'll be able to tell him about each birthday.

Come on! Let's get him out before they move. Come on paperwork, paperwork come on.

Dawn

Gigglestuff said...

That is so awesome! I think Blessed Kids is so amazing to be able to do this service. I am so glad you were able to do this for him.

As time goes on, he will know how much he is loved... and know he was loved even before he's met you. I hope he had a fantastically fun and sugar-rush filled Birthday!!!

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Wonderful! I hope Ren had a great celebration with all his friends!

xo

Rae said...

That is so amazing! I know your hearts were with Ren on his birthday (and every other day, too!) but it's so wonderful he was able to have birthday cake from his new family.