Friday, December 19, 2008

The tradition continues

We have already received many special gifts for Ren and we appreciate every gift and gesture so much. We can't wait to see Ren enjoy all his new things! There is one gift in particular I want to mention on this blog. By way of background, here's an excerpt from Claire's blog, dated January 20, 2007:

When [my friend] Kelley and I were young, I always admired the home-made care bears her mom, Elaine, crafted. When I mentioned this to Elaine a couple of years ago, she obviously made a mental note of this because about a month later, I received my very own bear! Much to my surprise, we received a parcel from Elaine and Dennis today [January 20, 2007] that contained a bear for Claire, as well as a matching blanket. (Elaine must have been worried that I was too attached to my bear to share it with Claire!) Claire's bear is named Lacie Daisy and I know Claire will love her!
***********************************************
Well, Elaine and Dennis never cease to amaze and surprise us! Last week, we received this bear in the mail for Ren!
This little bear couldn't be more perfect for Ren - and Paul, since that's a Saskatchewan Roughrider logo on its belly! Also pictured are some Roughrider shoes / slippers that Kelley and Paul sent for Ren. Paul is in his glory!

Thanks again, Elaine and Dennis, for thinking of our newest addition and creating something so special and meaningful for him. We are blessed to have you as our children's honourary grandparents!

7 comments:

Rae said...

What a welcome home Ren will have with all the special gifts waiting for him!

Do we get to see a photo of his room soon?

Monica said...

I wish! His room is still overloaded with stuff. Until our little basement reno is done (hopefully by mid January or so), I won't be able to start. That said, I should post a photo of his room as it currently is! It'll make all the people who think they're houses are messy / untidy think otherwise!

Kim said...

Those bears are sooooo ADORABLE...
Love them.
Sounds like things are going well..
Can't wait to see Ren's room..
Have a Great Weekend...

Shea said...

Adorable! I think Elaine could have a booming business if she had more Rider bears to sell at Christmas time. The shoes are very cute too.

How nice that Claire has a new bear too.

Gigglestuff said...

Wow!!! That Roughrider bear is awesome!!! Love the logo and the letters 'R' on his feet! What a wonderful creation. I know Ren will love him! If he can get it away from Paul's hands.

Beth said...

I also know some Rider fans who would like Ren's bear! How sweet is that? Pretty soon his room that's not even finished will have more stuff to put in it than room! I sort of feel like he's part of the clan already, we just haven't met him in person. It will be interesting to see a boy in the girlie mix. Those playdates may change significantly- Claire will have someone to stick up for her with that bossy friend of hers:) I can't wait to see them all together.

Kath said...

What a great gift! Elaine certainly is talented. That bear is sure to become Ren's best buddy.