Monday, May 18, 2009

The sibling relationship

As each weekend approaches, I begin to plan a photo shoot of the two kids. I've been meaning to do Claire's three-year portrait for more than a month and thought I'd get a few shots of the kids together. Unfortunately, every week, one or the other kiddo has suffered a boo boo so I've kept postponing the photo shoot. This week it was Ren with a goose-egg and bruise on his head. But since it was time for Claire's portrait, I decided to forge ahead and decided I'd do my best to photoshop Ren's bruise in the best shots.

I did get a few photos I really like of Claire but I didn't get what I call the "money shot" of the two kids together - the shot where both kids look amazing and they are interacting in a sweet or interesting way. What I did get, though, were a number of pictures that accurately depict emotions regularly felt in their daily interactions. At least it was a realistic photo shoot! Here goes ...

Jealousy:


Anger and despair ("He broke my flower!"):

Note in the two photos above how, while one child suffers, the other is oblivious. That too is realistic!

Possessiveness:
Ah, and some positive ones ... playfulness and chivalry:

And at last, happiness and harmony:

7 comments:

Kim said...

LOVE IT..
They are sooooo CUTE..
Have a great week..

Beth said...

I laughed, I cried.....but didn't we decide it was those realistic ones that really are the best! I totally admit I howled at the one where Claire is losing it!! I have never seen that from her before. Hope that's not too mean of me:) I love how now they "match" in their outfits too!

Kath said...

What gorgeous children you have! You've really captured some wonderful expressions. A few shots to bring out at their weddings. ;-)

Shea said...

Gotta love happiness and harmony!!

I do love the way each picture tells a story. Like you said, that's real life, so think of the memories you'll have someday. Very sweet, and their outfits are adorable.

Gigglestuff said...

These are such amazing pictures Monica!!! Wowwwwww! The kids look great (ok, I laughed at the range of emotions, but yes, very realistic I'm sure!) and the best is them getting along.

What a great way to capture this time in their lives!! <3 Thanks so much for sharing.

Geoff_9 said...

soooooo funny !!!

Rae said...

Beautiful photos. For some reason I love these outtakes even more than official ones! They certainly do show all sides of Claire and Ren's relationship. They look so adorable together.