Saturday, February 21, 2009

A day at Disney

We had a great day at Disneyland Hong Kong today! That place is crazy-fun. From the moment we entered the area, we heard lively music that practically sent me into a frenzy. I think it had the same effect on Claire. Marianne, check out that shirt and ears! Who knew when you brought those home after your birthday Disney trip that we would put them to good use so soon?!
Check out how Claire is peering into the ticket booth!
There's just so much to see. But one thing - or shall I say two characters - slowed us down soon into our Disneyland journey: Mickey and Minnie! Claire of course just had to have a private audience with them. She decided we could also join in for a pic.
We had a ball exploring the various areas of Disneyland. The only downside of the entire time is that Claire fell asleep moments before the parade began. She had been fighting her nap for so long and then finally 'gave up the ghost' at parade time. I felt so sad that she missed it but I knew I shouldn't wake her up at that point.

Our laptop battery is dying and we don't have the right adaptor for Hong Kong so I better sign off now before I lose anything. More on Disneyland later!

By the way, the time and date for these posts are wrong - they're based on North American time not the time here. Just haven't changed the clock on the computer yet! It's actually Feb.22 here at 9 p.m.

3 comments:

Laurie-Anne said...

Isn't Disney HK awesome! It's so neat being at Disney in the first place, but being in HK is just the coolest thing!!
Our kids loved every minute of it too. Nice photos Monica!!

I may not comment a lot, but I'm surely here rooting you on. It's kind of extra nice to follow along now because we just finished basically the same journey!!

May God continue to bless you guys on this last leg of your journey to Ren!

Gigglestuff said...

Great that you can post from Disneyland. Awesome pics of Mickey and Minnie -- of course she wants a solo & family picture with them. Glad she had the energy to enjoy all the Disney fun!

Stephanie Rese (St-Pierre) said...

awesome! I would so love to take my kids there one day - I love the pics! We are huge Disney fans!