Saturday, February 28, 2009

Last day in Guangdong

It's Saturday night in Beijing and time to catch up on blogging!

We've had a very busy few days. On Friday, we spent the morning sightseeing in Guangzhou with our little Guangdong group, followed by a yummy lunch. We packed up our things early that afternoon and soon we were headed off to the airport to catch our 6 pm flight to Beijing. We arrived at our hotel in Beijing around 11 pm, got some sleep and began the rush of activity all over again today: citizenship photos and paperwork, group photo, group lunch and trip to the zoo, followed by a photoshoot of Ren in the same style we had done for Claire two years ago. So now I'm wondering, where do I begin to catch up in terms of blogging?!

I guess we'll start with our little Guangdong group, touring around Guangzhou on our last day there. I have pics of the actual sights we took in but I`m guessing you want to see people first, sights second!

One of my favourite sights: Paul with the kiddies! Here, they`re watching some folks play a kind of hacky-sack game with something that looks like a badminton shuttlecock.
The Guangdong group:
The Guangdong kids plus a Xinyu gal thrown in for good measure:


Claire leading us all on a parade on Shamian Island:
Carolyn and Marvin have been incredible to travel with again. It is so good having friends here to talk with about the heavy topics of adoption. It's been a good week for us, but a tough one in some ways, and our travel mates have really been there for us. I just hope we've been as good to them as they have been to us!

9 comments:

Beth said...

OK, that pic of the three of them standing nearly made my heart burst!! And Claire on Ren's shoulder, too sweet for words. I'm so glad you have had the Clows there with you for the experience again. I'm sure it makes you feel so secure knowing they are there for you and you have an extra set of ears to listen.

Jednet said...

Paul looks like he's going to burst in the that first picture. He looks good with two kiddies that's for sure.

So glad you have excellent travel mates especially when there are worrying events going on. You guys are halfway there. Soon all your questions will be answered and the trip will be a bitter/sweet memory that you'll talk about with your sweeties for years to come.

Dawn
Sending positive vibes and wishing you the strength you need for the last week of the trip.

Jednet said...

Hey Beth, the comment line said
'0' when I started my comment. We must be on-line at the same time.
Aren't they just the cutest little family?

Dawn

Gigglestuff said...

Awwwwww, I love that 3rd to last picture of Claire resting her head on Ren's shoulder -- how adorable.

I am so glad to hear you are all still sightseeing and enjoying the sights. Wow, you have such energy!

Can't wait to read the other posts I've missed overnight.

Rae said...

Yay! A photo of the three kiddies together -- I've been waiting for that one since Tuesday. And they all look so adorable!

You're making so many great new memories in Guangdong with Carolyn, Marvin and Jaida. I'm so happy for all of you that you are able to share this amazing time.

Rae said...

Yay! A photo of the three kiddies together -- I've been waiting for that one since Tuesday. And they all look so adorable!

You're making so many great new memories in Guangdong with Carolyn, Marvin and Jaida. I'm so happy for all of you that you are able to share this amazing time.

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Okay, this is a little strange considering we're in the same hotel right now, but we've enjoyed this journey with you all to the fullest. Thank you for your friendship and support along the way. It means more than words can say.
xoxox
Marv, Carolyn and Jaida

Martigan said...

Great to see and hear from you again. The pictures are amazing - we also love the one where Claire is resting on Ren's shoulder!!

Cec

Shea said...

Love the photo of the 3 kids together. Too cute for words. And Ren already looks like a protector.

I'm glad you had Clows with you on this journey. I'm sure that's been reassuring to all of you.