Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sweet dreams

We just received confirmation that our last package for Ren at the orphanage arrived there. We used Blessed Kids' services to send him a pillow with our photos on it:We wanted him to receive something in the last couple of weeks there that would help familiarize him with us (in addition to the other packages and photos we have sent). Hopefully this will get him accustomed to cuddling with us!

It arrived there on February 3 and here it is already the 11th. Adele hasn't received any photos yet so I'm guessing we won't luck out like we did for Ren's birthday with the photos of him with his cake. But I'm not complaining; after all, we'll have the real boy in less than two weeks!

I also found great news on my Zhuhai adoptees yahoo group this morning: another family is going to receive their daughter (from the same orphanage as Ren) in Guangzhou the same day we receive Ren! They are a family in the States (with a different agency, etc.) so it's very unlikely we'll be at the same hotel as them. But we'll see them for sure on Forever Family Day at the adoption centre, and probably throughout the first week as we go to various offices for paperwork. Their little Yao Yao is very close in age to Ren so I'm guessing they will be quite familiar with each other. I hope it will be comforting for them to see each other throughout that first week.

4 comments:

Gigglestuff said...

Wow Monica, it's happening so soon, and yet the wait seemed so long. I hope everything goes well for you and Ren. We'll be thinking of you. Good luck with your trip. Love from Auntie Marlene & Uncle Geoff xoxoxoxo

Kim said...

I am sooo excited for you..
Can't wait to see all 4 of you together..
Hugs..

Rae said...

Once again you've amazed me with your creativity! Where did you come up the pillow idea? What an awesome thing for Ren to have to cuddle up to until he has the real thing.

Shea said...

I love the pillow idea! I wonder if he'll have it with him when you meet him?

That would be great if you could meet the other adopting family while you're there. It's amazing the things you learn through the internet.